Off-Site or On-Site Shredding – which is right for you?
When you make the decision to use a shredding company to handle your confidential waste, how do you choose which level of service is right for you?
Is off-site or on-site shredding best for your needs?
You may have large volumes of material triggered by an office clear out; or simply want a regular service to ensure you comply with GDPR. Let’s weigh up the benefits of both on-site shredding (also called mobile shredding) or off-site shredding so you can decide knowing all the facts.
When you choose to shred off site, all your confidential waste is collected in secure trucks and taken to a local depot for shredding. All material is carefully handled, and shredded into 16mm pieces at the depot, and if requested, a certificate of destruction will be provided.
Off-site shredding benefits include:
• Secure, tracked vehicles transport your confidential documents to a nearby depot
• All staff are fully trained and vetted
• Choice of shredding sacks, consoles or wheelie bins to hold your waste.
• Any amount of confidential waste can be removed,
• Great for companies in locations where it could be difficult to park a truck, such as high street offices
• Frequency of collections can be added to or amended dependent on your requirements
On-site shredding provides you with exactly that. Your documents are easily shredded at your place of work in one of our mobile shredding trucks. The material is then taken to a local depot for baling and recycling. A certificate is provided after destruction.
On-site shredding benefits include:
• Complete reassurance that your confidential material has been shredded
• Swift, secure service. Material shredded efficiently at your place of work
• All staff fully trained, with fewer staff needed to be involved
• Great for your regular shredding requirement, eg weekly, monthly or bi yearly
• Easy to amend your collection schedule to suit changing requirements