Planning a return to the office?
For the majority of office workers, it’s been over a year away from the workplace.
With 14 months away from your desk. It’s bound to be crying out for a spruce up! We have some helpful tips on how to declutter and get organised for a return to the office.
Home Office Shredding
If you have a stash of paper or files that you have kept at home this past year and need to be securely disposed of then The Shredding Alliance can help. Rather than bring them back into the office and risk a data breach, why not schedule in a home collection? We securely shred all materials, often on-site, so you have complete peace of mind.
If you feel in need of a declutter then consider these helpful tips:
- Look through filing cabinets to see if there is anything outdated that could be destroyed
- Scan in any important documents and save them in a secure drive before shredding
Return to the office
Many offices will need a deep clean after months of sitting empty. Aside from the general cleaning, there may be filed documents that could be either outdated or irrelevant. Why not take some time to go through these documents and identify anything that could be securely shredded?
How about a refresh?
Now is a great time to refresh and reorganise your office space. Before the return, why not look to decorate the walls and replace any furniture or equipment that is looking shabby or broken. You may have hardware in the office that you could replace if it is outdated or no longer working properly. It’s good practice to ensure that any hardware is securely shredded to protect any data on the hard drive.
Planning to hot desk?
Many employees will be returning to the office on a part time basis. This means that a clean desk policy is essential to keep desks free from clutter and any document that must not be shared.
Here are some handy hot desk hints:
- Ensure that you clear your desk every evening before shutting down
- File any papers away securely in a locked cabinet, or shred anything you no longer need
- Avoid sticky notes on screens that include telephone numbers or passwords
- Clear under-desk pedestals of any information that should not be shared
- Sanitise your desk thoroughly each evening ready for the next person to use
- Always use your own secure login and ensure that you have logged off at the end of the day
- These simple tips will not only ensure that your workspace is tidy and organised but could prevent a data breach too.
Booking in regular shredding collections
If you have paused your regular shredding service due to closure of your office then now is the time to schedule in your collections again. We offer a highly flexible service that can be amended dependent on your exact needs and offer weekly, monthly or ad-hoc collections.
If you need a professional shredding service, be it for paper, uniforms or IT equipment then give us a call for a quote.
The Shredding Alliance wishes everyone a safe return to the office!